Tuesday 20 December 2016

Save the Children





Christmas Jumper Day 2016

Have you heard of this? I've not seen anything advertised on the telly that this was happening. I posed for pictures in 2015 with a Christmas Jumper on and now it gets to part of this years collage on Facebook for Save the Children. I pictured myself riding through London and seeing myself portrayed on the back of a bus in glorious technicolor larger than life. That didn't happen so I must be content with what was published.





Not normally passive with things I had an e-mail from Guildford Harley's that they were doing Christmas Jumpers for two days, 16th and 17th December. I thought I would go on the 17th using 16th to head off to Jack Lilleys to try some Jumper promotion. They were already doing it with everyone in festive pullovers. Very colourful. I did leave a collection box for the odd coin and squeezed a few coppers from the Police Bike Safe Team who were doing training sessions out of Jack Lilleys 16th and 17th. The guys at Jack Lilleys had organised their collection to go to the local pub who had organised everything. Friday was a nice day and I had a pleasant ride out to Ashford. Saturday was a whole lot different with fog in grades of density and getting clearer all the way to Guildford. 

I met a few of these guys at Jack's Fish and Chips in Bagshott a couple of weeks ago.









I had a great time talking to staff and customers about Christmas Jumper day along with a bit of promotion for the Museum. I took a few photos of those in Christmas gear and after a couple of hours headed back to Ashford to pick up the collection box before returning home with the fog getting thicker all the time. The problem with this fog is that the droplets of water are so fine that you go from seeing to not seeing in seconds and I have to continually wipe my visor consciously leaving plenty of distance in traffic for this exercise and allow for the sillies in cars who don't have clear side windows and don't know you are there. I trust we will all survive for Christmas.
With Christmas Jumper Day behind us and everyone wishing they had another opportunity to wear those jumpers again don't wish just do it! When you get to Christmas you'll be as warm as toast and ready for your stocking filler!!! What is your dream? Something curvaceous? Could it be a Ducati?
A Triumph? A Moto Guzzi? A Honda? Yamaha? Suzuki? Kawasaki? Or something exotic? 




Grindley Peerless? Velocette? Francis Barnett? Gilera? Aermacchi? Beardmore Precision? 
The list could go on all the way to Christmas! 


Wishing everyone the best of riding and prayers from the Royal Enfield Shrine to keep you safe.

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment