Saturday 10 December 2016

After 2016 Off Road Bike Show



After the Off Road Bike Show

As usual there is always some interesting stuff at the show and this one was no exception. There were all manner of scrambles and trials machines including this brace of Ariels that Sammy Miller could well have ridden. There was this EMC with a Puch split single two stroke engine, these Cottons, the scrambler in front of one of the three production racers.Remember the Cotton racer we have at the Museum. It appears to have closer finning than the Villiers Starmaker scrambler engine seen here. There was a DOT with an RCA engine and an array of Italian racing machines. I just love those Guzzi big singles.







 
 

It was a bit frost on the Saturday so I went off to Kempton in the car. It was cold at the show so when I got home I needed a good mug of strong Assam tea fortified with a slug of brandy. I have this feeling that I'm getting a bit more like Guy Martin with his need for tea. Now Sunday was just as frosty as I ventured out on the Kawasaki for the Wey Valley Advanced Motorcycle Observed Sessions.


    My turn to be on the shop. We were and still are clearing old stock as freebies with a request for donations to this years charity. The excess muffs, old biros (some work), key fobs, lanyards and side stand plates or mud buddies need to be shifted. I did take some away to be passed on at the Museum.
More fun this Monday with part three being filmed by the Missenden Flyer about the other things in the Museum.

Part one.

Part two.

Part three.


Some cracking vlogs to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment